Guests and Event Guidelines
I enjoy working with authors, publishers, and other bloggers. To help eliminate some confusion, this page is to help guests at Book Savvy Babe blog to know what I am looking for. Whether you are writing a guest blog post, being interviewed, or offering a promotion, there are various elements to the blog post that are helpful for me to have.
Types of Guest Blogs:
- Guest Post
- Guest VLOG (video blog)
- Promotional (Blurb, Excerpt, Summary, Book Trailer)
- Giveaway (can be combined with any other type of post)
What I need for EVERY type of Guest stop:
Author participation is always encouraged!
These are the guidelines I have for every guest stop at Book Savvy Babe. If an item is not included, it doesn’t go into the post. It takes time to put together blog posts, and having to search for extra information is time I don’t really have. Also, I need to make sure that I am allowed to post the content (I don’t want to post an author photo that is copyrighted, etc)
- Author Bio
- Author Photo (optional)
- Social Media Links (Facebook, Twitter, website, etc)
- Book Cover Image
- Book Buy Links- other than Amazon and Barnes & Noble, I do not search out other book seller sites for your book. If your book is sold at other locations (Smashwords, All Romance, etc) please send me the links
- Make sure to send the post in advance! I appreciate having the post in my inbox a week in advance to ensure that the post is completed and scheduled. If the post is not in my mailbox within 48 hours of the scheduled date, your post may be dropped from the schedule. The earlier you send the post, the better.
- Remember that the goal is to try to get readers to interact. Don’t be afraid to ask a question, or encourage readers to comment. On the day of your event, stop by and respond to comments. Participation is encouraged.
Please be mindful of your content and the length of the blog post. I am generally VERY open as far as topics go. However, be aware that I mainly blog about romance and paranormal novels and my blog is geared towards a mature audience. I will work with you on topics, or offer suggestions. Just send me an email, we will work it out.
As to the length of the post, blog posts do not need to be big, complicated posts. Pick a topic, and write specifically to that topic. Engage the readers, entice them and encourage participation. I would say that in general, blog posts are *around* 500 words or so. If a post is too long, blog readers are not inclined to read through the post.
Please, original guest blogs only! I do not accept guest posts that have already been posted at multiple other blogs.**
Please explain your answers. Offering up a one or two word response is just boring. I try to think up fun and different interview questions, thoughtful responses are appreciated.
If you are offering up a giveaway, please make it clear if the giveaway is open to US only, US/Canada, International, etc. If you have a specific time frame you need for a contest, please let me know. By default, most of my giveaways run for 1 week.
Guest Spot Examples:
- Laura Kaye guest post and giveaway- Get creative with your Guest posts, Laura shared her playlist!
- Wicked Blog Tour- Jenn LeBlanc Guest Post- This author questioned her Facebook followers for inspiration for this guest blog
- North of Need Blog Tour: Guest Vlog
- Terry Spear Interview and Giveaway
- Delilah Marvelle mini-interview
I hope this page is helpful to you! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me using the form below!